Sunday, August 31, 2008

Can we share?

Like many of you, I have a blog that keeps me linked to several other family members and long-time friends.  It has become interesting to me lately, as I have see a huge community of "bloggers" come together to support a family dealing with tragedy whom many of us have never actually met.  It is amazing and inspiring to me that people are willing to offer so much love, support, fasting and prayers to others they do not know-- but are compelled to do so out of their natural, genuine compassion, empathy, and charity.  As I have read messages of faith shared over thousands of miles between strangers, I have felt strengthened and have been in awe of the love and faith that are out there-- that we all have to share.  I wanted to find a way to capture some of that for us-- for the women in our branch and our community to share. Sometimes I think it is easier to share things in this less-personal world than we always feel comfortable doing in person.

Up to this point, this blog has been more informational than inspirational-- and I'd love for it to become both.  I'd love for it to be more than just a place to go when you need to get the details of a meeting or activity, but a place where you can go to be reminded of the sisterhood, support, and love you are a part of in our Relief Society.  I'd like for it to be a place you can go to get a quick boost of faith, courage, and encouragement when you need it.

I am not sure that what I personally have to say can or will always be inspirational.  That is where you come in.  I am inviting you to share with us-- let us get to know you, your testimony, and let us celebrate your success.  Please help me make this space something more beneficial for our sisters by emailing me or using the comment buttons to share with us.

What inspires you?  Did you have a missionary moment?  A good news minute?  What did you accomplish today or this week?  What is going great in your life and why?  What do you need help with?  Do you have pictures that might be appropriate to share?  While everything may not be approved to publish, I know that there is a lot of goodness, faith, and love out there in each of us and that we will benefit from sharing it with each other. Email me!

No comments: